• Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (HFA) (Urban Mission) was launched in June 2015 to provide housing to all in urban areas by 2022.
• Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)- launched with the objective to provide hard infrastructure for universal coverage of piped drinking water, sewerage and green spaces and parks. AMRUT also incentivizes governance reforms in the cities.
• Developing Smart Cities– Launched in June 2015, Smart Cities Mission aims at driving economic growth and improving the quality of life through area based development and city-level smart solutions. The mission would convert 100 existing cities into smart cities
• Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban)– Launched on 2nd October 2014, Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) (Urban) is the key mission driving the campaign to make our cities clean. The mission aims to eliminate open defecation in all statutory towns by 2nd October 2019. It also proposes to eradicate manual scavenging, introduce modern and scientific solid waste management, induce behavioural change with respect to healthy sanitation practices and generate awareness for sanitation and its link to public health, augment the capacity of ULBs and create an enabling environment for the private sector in waste management.
• Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihood Mission (DAY – NULM)– aims at creating opportunities for skill development leading to market based employment and helping the poor to set up self-employment ventures. This Mission’s interventions are implemented through five key components:
1) Social Mobilization and Institutional Development (SMID);
2) Self-Employment Programmes (SEPs);
3) Employment through Skill, Training & Placement (EST&P);
4) Shelter for Urban Homeless (SUH);
5) Support to Urban Street Vendors (SUSV).
• National Heritage City Development & Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) Mission was launched in January 2015 with an aim to rejuvenate the heritage cities, with special attention to others issues such as sanitation, tourism, and livelihood. The Mission is targeted for completion by November 2018. The HRIDAY mission will be concluded in 12 heritage cities as per the Detailed Project Reports submitted upon commencement.