Why in news?
Gallery of Modern Art has celebrated 66 years by launching virtual tour of its
permanent collection amid lock down.
It is for the first time that National Gallery of Modern Art has provided the facility of virtual tour of its permanent collection to art lovers.
NATIONAL GALLERY OF MODERN ART:
THE PRINCIPAL AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :
- To acquire and preserve works of modern art from 1850s onward
- To organize, maintain and develop galleries for permanent display
- To organize special exhibitions not only in its own premises but in other parts of the country and abroad.
- To develop an education and documentation centre in order to acquire, maintain and preserve documents relating to works of modern art
- To develop a specialized library of books, periodicals, photographs and other audio visual materials
- To organize lectures, seminars and conferences, and to encourage higher studies and research in the field of art history, art criticism, art appreciation, museology and the inter-relations on visual and performing arts.