- Lohri Festival
- Voluntary Disclosure of Information of Non-Compliant Drones Flying in India
- Island Development Agency
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2012 for Rural, Urban and combined for the month of December 2019
- Indian Navy to Get Upgraded Fuel HFHSD – IN 512
Lohri is a popular winter Punjabi folk festival, celebrated primarily by Hindus and Sikhs from the Punjab region of the northern part of the Indian subcontinent, on 13 January of every year.
The significance and legends about the Lohri festival are many and these link the festival to the Punjab region.
VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OF NON-COMPLIANT DRONES FLYING IN INDIA
Why in news?
In order to facilitate the identification of civil drones and drone operators, a one-time opportunity for voluntary disclosure of such drones and drone operators is now being provided by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
Drones and Drones operators have to obtain Unique Identification Number (UIN), Unmanned Aircraft Operator Permit (UAOP) and other operational requirements as per the guidelines issued by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which regulates the use of drones in the Indian Airspace.
ISLAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Why in news?
- The Union Home Minister chaired the sixth meeting of the Island Development Agency (IDA) and reviewed the progress made towards the programme “Holistic development of islands”
- For the first time initiative of sustainable development in the identified Islands within scientifically-assessed carrying capacity has been taken-up.
- Development Plans with focus on creation of jobs for the islanders through tourism promotion as well as export of seafood and coconut-based products made in the Islands have been prepared and are being implemented in four islands of Andaman & Nicobar and five islands of Lakshadweep
More about IDA
- Island Development agency (IDA) was constituted in 2017 for the holistic development of islands.
- To undertake holistic development in the project after giving due consideration to unique maritime and territorial bio-diversity of the islands.
- IDA is chaired by Union Home minister.
CONSUMER PRICE INDEX NUMBERS ON BASE 2012 FOR RURAL, URBAN AND COMBINED FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER 2019
Why in news?
The National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is releasing CPI (Rural, Urban, Combined) on Base 2012=100.
In addition to this, Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) for all India Rural, Urban and Combined are also being released for December 2019
INDIAN NAVY TO GET UPGRADED FUEL HFHSD – IN 512
- Leveraging technology and improved refining techniques available with the country’s petroleum industry, the Indian Navy in collaboration with M/s IOCL carried out an extensive and thorough study and a comparative evaluation of existing international regulations
- A revised technical specification was arrived at consisting of 22 test parameters including critical parameters like cetane number, flash point, Sulphur content, sediment content, oxidation stability and Cold Filter Plugging Point (CFPP).
- The new specification will not only ensure a better quality fuel but also result in a reduced carbon footprint.
- On 13 January 2020, the launch of the new fuel (High Flash High Speed Diesel) HFHSD – IN 512, with revised technical specifications was undertaken.