- India Energy Modeling Forum (IEMF)
- NISHTHA Programme
Why in news?
In the joint working group meeting of the Sustainable Growth Pillar of the India-US partnership, an India Energy Modeling Forum was launched
India Energy Modeling Forum (IEMF)
- The IEMF seeks to provide a platform for policy makers to study important energy and environmental issues and ensure induction of modelling and analysis in informed decision making process.
- The Forum aims to improve cooperation and coordination between modeling teams,
What is Energy Modelling?
- Energy modeling or energy system modeling is the process of building computer models of energy systems in order to analyze them.
- There exists energy modelling forums in different parts of the World.
- Such models often employ scenario analysis to investigate different assumptions about the technical and economic conditions at play.
- Outputs may include the system feasibility, greenhouse gas emissions, cumulative financial costs, natural resource use, and energy efficiency of the system under investigation.
- Governments maintain national energy models for energy policy development.
Outcomes of the forum
- Discussions on energy modelling in India and the world explored how energy modelling can play an important role in decision-making.
- The forum focused on bridging the rural-urban divide and factoring in energy pressures from the informal economy within models.
- Deliberations included a spotlight on how the impact of the evolving character of India’s cities, industries and especially the transport sector should be included in the any India-centric models.
- The shift towards electric mobility, an increasing emphasis on mainstreaming of renewable energy options and overarching environmental concerns were also stated as key factors for determining India’s energy future.
Why in news?
National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) programme has been launched for the first time in online mode in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic advancement is a capacity building programme for improving the quality of school education through integrated teacher training.
- It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
- The functionaries (at the state, district, block level) will be trained in an integrated manner on learning outcomes, school based assessment, learner – centred pedagogy, new initiatives in education, addressing diverse needs of children through multiple pedagogies, etc.
- It is being organized by constituting National Resource Groups (NRGs) and State Resource Groups (SRGs) at the National and the State level who will be training 42 lakhs teachers subsequently.