- Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
- Estimates of Area and Production of various Horticulture Crops
- Bodo Peace Accord 2020: Journey from Autonomous Council to a Territorial Region
Why in news?
- India has risen in the Ease of Doing Business Rankings by being transparent, accountable and logical
- This rise in rankings is due to the efforts of the officers of CBIC as Trading Across Borders is one of the key parameter of the rankings and it is credit to the efforts of CBIC that this key parameter has performed
- Technology plays an important role by ensuring efficiency, transparency and accountability
- 2020 theme of International Customs Organisation itself highlights the changing nature and role of customs today
Why in news?
Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has released the Final Estimates of 2018-19 and 1st Advance Estimates of 2019-20 of Area and Production of various Horticulture Crops.
Highlights of 2018-19 (Final) and 2019-20 (1st Advance Estimates)
- The Total Horticulture Production of the country is estimated to be 310.74 Million Tonne in 2018-19, which is marginally higher than the Horticulture Production in 2017-18 and in 2019-20 (1st Advance Estimates) is expected to be 0.84% higher than 2018-19
- Fruits Production is estimated to be around 97.97 Million Tonne, compared to 96.45 Million Tonne of 2017-18 and is expected to be lower by 2.27% in 2019-20 over 2018-19 due to loss in production of Grapes, Banana, Mango, Citrus, Papaya and Pomegranate
- Vegetables Production is estimated to be around 183.17 Million, which is lesser than the production of 2017-18
- And expected an Increase of 2.64 % in production of vegetables in 2019-20 over 2018-19 mainly due to increased production of Onion, Potato and Tomato.
Why in news?
The tripartite agreement signed between representatives of Bodo people with the Centre and Assam government gave birth to a Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR).
- After several rounds of negotiations with New Delhi, four factions of NDFB and the ABSU has signed another Bodo accord, the third one in 2020
- There is going to be 60 members in the Bodoland Territorial Region
- Bodo tribes will get political and economic benefits after this agreement. The agreement will provide some political rights and some economic packages to the community.
- According to the political pundits, the agreement will ensure the safety of Bodo language, cultural and regional matters.