- Government e-Marketplace
- NTPC’s Biodiversity Policy
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Intervention
Why in News?
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister has given its approval for expanding the mandate of GeM to allow procurement by Cooperatives as buyers on GeM.
About Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
Nodal: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- The Government e Marketplace (GeM) was launched on August 9, 2016.
- To create an open and transparent procurement platform for Government buyers.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) by the name of Government e- Marketplace (GeM SPV) was set up as the National Public Procurement Portal
Click Here To Read More: Government e-Marketplace
Focus: GS III- Environment and Ecology
Why in News?
Recently, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC Ltd.) has issued a renewed Biodiversity Policy 2022 to establish a comprehensive vision and guiding principle for conservation, restoration, and enhancement of biodiversity.
Objectives of the Policy
Support Professionals in Achieving Biodiversity Targets:
- The policy is designed to assist all NTPC Group professionals in contributing to the achievement of the targets set in this field.
- NTPC has always been conscious of avoiding operations in areas with the highest biodiversity value and judiciously selecting project sites.
Mainstreaming the Concept of Biodiversity:
- The fundamental goal is to integrate biodiversity into the NTPC value chain.
- It also seeks to use a cautious approach to biodiversity management in all decision-making processes to ensure the Earth’s diversity of life in and around NTPC’s business units.
Click Here To Read More: NTPC’s Biodiversity Policy