- National Green Hydrogen Mission
- Honey Mission programme
- Purple fest 2023
Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, The Union Cabinet approved the National Green Hydrogen Mission.
What is the National Green Hydrogen Mission?
- The intent of the mission is to incentivise the commercial production of green hydrogen and make India a net exporter of the fuel.
- The mission has laid out a target to develop green hydrogen production capacity of at least 5 MMT (Million Metric Tonne) per annum.
- This is alongside adding renewable energy capacity of about 125 GW (gigawatt) in the country.
- This will entail the decarbonisation of the industrial, mobility and energy sectors; reducing dependence on imported fossil fuels and feedstock; developing indigenous manufacturing capabilities; creating employment opportunities; and developing new technologies such as efficient fuel cells.
- By 2030, the Centre hopes its investments will bring in investments worth ₹8 trillion and create over six lakh jobs. Moreover, about 50 MMT per annum of CO2 emissions are expected to be averted by 2030.
- As per its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement, India has committed to reduce emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030, from 2005 levels.
Click Here To Read More: National Green Hydrogen Mission
Focus: GS III: Agriculture
Why in News?
Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Government of India Manoj Kumar said that beekeeping is the medium of sweet revolution, more income can be earned by joining this work and distributed boxes to beekeepers under Honey Mission in village Devra.
- The Honey Mission was launched by KVIC in 2017 which aimed at creating employment for the Adivasis, farmers, unemployed youth, and women by roping them in beekeeping while also increasing India’s honey production.
- Western Uttar Pradesh has been chosen as one of the most favourable markets for honey production as the entire region has an abundance of flora that also includes a variety of crops.
- KVIC acts liaison as an income-generating tool for the beekeepers and beekeeping.
- KVIC ensures better food and medicine with the value of honey production and other hive products and supports cross-pollination that pays the way for agriculture crops.
- KVIC would provide loans for setting up processing units, packaging units and labelling units for honey.
- The significance of the mission lies in the fact that Production of healthy honey and wax, and bee-keeping would open many job opportunities for unemployed youths and also for aspiring young entrepreneurs.
Click Here To Read More: Honey Mission Programme