- National Green Hydrogen Mission
National Green Hydrogen Mission
Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
National Green Hydrogen Mission targets a production capacity of 5 Million Metric Tonnes (MMT) per annum by 2030.
What is the National Green Hydrogen Mission?
- The intent of the mission is to incentivise the commercial production of green hydrogen and make India a net exporter of the fuel.
- The mission has laid out a target to develop green hydrogen production capacity of at least 5 MMT (Million Metric Tonne) per annum.
- This is alongside adding renewable energy capacity of about 125 GW (gigawatt) in the country.
- This will entail the decarbonisation of the industrial, mobility and energy sectors; reducing dependence on imported fossil fuels and feedstock; developing indigenous manufacturing capabilities; creating employment opportunities; and developing new technologies such as efficient fuel cells.
- By 2030, the Centre hopes its investments will bring in investments worth ₹8 trillion and create over six lakh jobs. Moreover, about 50 MMT per annum of CO2 emissions are expected to be averted by 2030.
- As per its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement, India has committed to reduce emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030, from 2005 levels.
Click Here To Read More: National Green Hydrogen Mission
Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority
Focus: GS III- Agriculture
Why in News?
The Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority (APEDA) targets 1000 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) to turn direct exporters of farm produce.
Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority (APEDA)
Nodal: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985.
- The Authority has its headquarters in New Delhi.
- A Chairman is appointed by the Central Government.
Click Here To Read More: Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority