- PM SHRI Schools
Focus: GS III: Science and Technology
Why in News?
The Centre of Excellence on Satellite and Unmanned Remote Vehicle Initiative (CoE-SURVEI) has developed an Artificial Intelligence-based software which can automatically detect change on the ground, including unauthorised constructions and encroachments in a time series using satellite imagery.
- The CoE-SURVEI, established by Directorate General Defence Estates at National Institute of Defence Estates Management, leverages the latest technologies in survey viz. satellite imagery, drone imagery and geo-spatial tools for effective land management and urban planning.
- This change detection software has been developed by CoE-SURVEI in collaboration with knowledge partner Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Visakhapatnam.
- Presently, the tool uses National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) Cartosat-3 imagery with trained software.
- The changes are detected by analysing satellite imagery of different time periods.
Click Here To Read More: CoE-SURVEI
Focus: Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
The Union Cabinet today, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, approved a new centrally sponsored scheme – PM SHRI Schools (PM ScHools for Rising India).
About PM SHRI Schools:
- This will be a new centrally sponsored scheme for upgradation and development of more than 14,500 Schools across the country by strengthening the selected existing schools from amongst schools managed by Central Government/ State/ UT Government/ local bodies.
- PM SHRI Schools will showcase all components of the National Education Policy 2020 and act as exemplar schools and also offer mentorship to other schools in their vicinity.
- PM SHRI Schools would be implemented through the existing administrative structure available for Samagra Shiksha, KVS & NVS. The other autonomous bodies would be involved on specific project basis as required.
- These schools shall be monitored vigorously to assess progress and understand the challenges faced in implementation of National Education Policy 2020.
Click Here To Read More: PM SHRI Schools