- SMILE-75 Initiative
- Vande Bharat Express
Focus: GS: Government schemes
Why in News?
The Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry has launched the ‘SMILE-75’ initiative for comprehensive rehabilitation of persons engaged in begging in 75 identified municipalities as a part of the celebrations of 75 years of Independence.
- SMILE is an acronym for Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise.
- This scheme is a sub-scheme under the ‘Central Sector Scheme for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of persons engaged in the act of Begging’.
- It also focuses on rehabilitation, provision of medical facilities and intervention, counselling, education, skill development, economic linkages to transgender persons.
- It covers several comprehensive measures including welfare measures for persons who are engaged in the act of begging.
- The focus of the scheme is extensively on rehabilitation, provision of medical facilities, counselling, basic documentation, education, skill development, economic linkages and so on.
Click Here To Read More: SMILE-75 Initiative
Focus: Indigenization of technology
Why in News?
Vande Bharat Express trains would be rolled out in all parts of the country, Union Minister for Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw said.
About Vande Bharat Express:
- The Train18, later named Vande Bharat Express, is an Indian semi-high-speed, intercity, EMU train which was designed and manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) at Perambur, Chennai under the Indian government’s Make in India initiative, over a span of 18 months.
Click Here To Read More: Vande Bharat Express