- National Mission for Clean Ganga
- Jal Jeevan Mission
Focus: GS III- Environment
Why in News?
Recently, The 43rd meeting of the Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was held.
About National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was registered as a society on under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- The government had set up the Clean Ganga Fund in 2014 – Using the funded money to finance NMCG (National Mission for Clean Ganga 2011), cleaning the river, setting up Waste Treatment Plants, Conservation of river biodiversity and related R&D projects.
- NMCG is the implementation wing of National Council for Rejuvenation, Protection and Management of River Ganga (referred as National Ganga Council NGC).
Click Here To Read More: National Mission for Clean Ganga
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, the Centre announced that over 50% of rural households have access to tap water supply.
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
Nodal: Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Jal Jeevan Mission, a central government initiative under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, aims to ensure access of piped water for every household in India.
- National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) was restructured and subsumed into Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) – to provide Functional Household Tap Water (FHTC) to every rural household with service level at the rate of 55 lpcd i.e., Har Ghar Nal Se Jal (HGNSJ) by 2024.
Click Here To Read More: Jal Jeevan Mission