- Soverign Gold Bond Scheme
- One District, One Product
Focus: GS II- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development and employment.
Why in News?
The Government of India, in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India, has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds in tranches
About Soverign Gold Bond Scheme (SGB)
- The Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme was introduced in the Union Budget 2015-16 by the Union Cabinet which was chaired by PM Narendra Modi.
- It was launched to reduce the demand for physical gold and with an aim to invest a part of these physicals gold bars and coins that are purchased every year into financial savings in the form of gold bonds.
Click Here To Read More: Soverign Gold Bond Scheme
Focus: GS III- Agriculture
Why in News?
The government reiterated that it is working towards ‘One District One Product’ which will give impetus to the Handicraft sector as well as the Artisans.
About One District, One Product
Nodal: Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MOFPI).
- The ODOP initiative is aimed at manifesting the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India to foster balanced regional development across all districts of the country.
- The idea is to select, brand, and promote One Product from each District of the country
- For enabling holistic socioeconomic growth across all regions
- To attract investment in the District to boost manufacturing and exports
- To generate employment in the District
- To provide ecosystem for Innovation/ use of Technology at District level to make them competitive with domestic as well as International market
Click Here To Read More: One District, One Product