- Unified mobile application for new age governance (UMANG)
- Y- 3023 Dunagiri
Focus: GS II- Governance
Why in News?
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has taken various initiatives in the recent past to ease the lives of citizens by facilitating online delivery of Government services.
- To further enhance the initiatives of Digital India Programme, and keeping in view the theme of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, MeitY has enabled map services in “UMANG App ” through an MOU with MapmyIndia.
About UMANG App
- It is a unified, secure, multi-channel, multi-platform, multi-lingual, multi-service mobile app.
- It is a Digital India initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) launched in 2017.
- It provides access to high impact services of various organizations of Centre and States. Presently it has 2000+ services.
Click Here To Read More: Unified Mobile Application For New Age Governance (UMANG).
Focus: GS III- Defence
Why in News?
Recently, the Defence Minister of India launched Y- 3023 Dunagiri, a Project 17A frigate built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders Limited (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- The fourth ship of the Project 17A Frigates is named “Dunagiri.”
- It bears the name of a mountain range in Uttarakhand.
- “Dunagiri” is the reincarnation of the former “Dunagiri,” a Leander Class ASW Frigate that served for 33 years and took part in a number of difficult operations and international training exercises.
The first three ships under Project 17A were:
- INS Nilgiri
- INS Himgiri
- INS Udaygiri
Click Here To Read More: Y- 3023 Dunagiri