- Election Commission of India
- PM Gati Shakti
- Hunar Haat
Focus: GS II- Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Recently, the President appointed Rajiv Kumar as the Chief Election Commissioner (25th CEC).
About Election Commission of India
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India.
- The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, and State Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country.
- It is the Commission that decides the election schedules for the conduct of elections, whether general elections or by-elections.
- ECI decides on the location of polling stations, assignment of voters to the polling stations, location of counting centers, arrangements to be made in and around polling stations and counting centres and all allied matters.
Click Here To Read More: Election Commission of India
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles said that nearly 400 comprehensive GIS based maps already prepared under PM GatiShakti National Master Plan.
About PM Gati Shakti:
- It will incorporate the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN etc.
- Economic Zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity & make Indian businesses more competitive.
- It will also leverage technology extensively including spatial planning tools with ISRO imagery
- developed by BiSAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics).
- The multi-modal connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for movement of people, goods and services from one mode of transport to another.
- It will facilitate the last mile connectivity of infrastructure and also reduce travel time for people.
- PM GatiShakti will provide the public and business community information regarding the upcoming connectivity projects, other business hubs, industrial areas and surrounding environment.
Click Here To Read More: PM Gati Shakti
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Intervention
Why in News?
The 41st edition of Hunar Haat, an effective campaign of “Acclamation to Art” and “Splendour to Skill”, is being organised in Agra, Uttar Pradesh
About Hunar haat:
Nodal: Ministry of Minority affairs
- Hunar Haat is an effective platform wherein opportunity is given to the exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the minority communities.
Click Here To Read More: Hunar Haat