- GOAL 2.0
- SVANidhi se Samriddhi
- Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN)
Focus: Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Recently, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Meta (formerly Facebook) have launched the second phase of the GOAL Programme (GOAL 2.0).
About the GOAL Programme:
- GOAL (Going Online as Leaders) was launched as a pilot project in May 2020 and it was completed by December 2021.
- It aimed at digital empowerment of tribal youth and women through the concept of mentor and mentee.
- The programme is fully funded by Meta (Facebook India).
- Trainings were provided for three pillars:
- Communication & Life Skills
- Enabling Digital Presence
- Leadership & Entrepreneurship
Click Here To Read More: GOAL 2.0
Focus: GS II- Government policies and interventions
Why in News?
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ program in additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs, in the presence of senior officials of States/UTs and various Central Ministries.
About SVANidhi se Samriddhi
- It is an additional program of PMSVANidhi was launched on 4th January 2021 in 125 cities in Phase 1, covering approximately 35 Lakh Street vendors and their families.
- 22.5 lakh scheme sanctions have been extended to them including 16 lakh insurance benefits under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeeban Jyoti Yojana and 2.7 Lakh pension benefits under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana, amongst other such benefits.
Click Here To Read More: SVANidhi Se Samriddhi
Focus: GS III- Indian Economy
Why in News?
Annual passenger traffic increased from 2.6 lakh to 33 lakh in five years under UDAN Scheme
About Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN):
Nodal: Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
- It is an innovative scheme to develop the regional aviation market.
- To create affordable yet economically viable and profitable flights on regional routes so that flying becomes affordable to the common man even in small towns.
- To stimulate regional air connectivity and making air travel affordable to the masses.
- The scheme envisages providing connectivity to un-served and underserved airports of the country through the revival of existing air-strips and airports. The scheme is operational for a period of 10 years.
- UDAN is a market driven ongoing scheme where bidding rounds are conducted periodically for covering more destinations/stations and routes under the scheme.
- Interested airlines assess the demand on particular routes connecting these airports and submit their proposals at the time of bidding.
Click Here To Read more: Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN)