- Tilapia Aquaculture Project
- Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile
Focus: Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Inspired by Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), the Technology Development Board (TDB) has extended support to the Tilapia Aquaculture Project with Israeli Technology.
- Technology Development Board (TDB) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) was launched in 2020 to bring about Blue Revolution through the sustainable development of the fisheries sector over a period of five years (2020-2025).
- It is an umbrella scheme to develop the fisheries sector with a total outlay of Rs. 20050 crores.
Click Here To Read More: Tilapia Aquaculture Project
Focus: GS III- Defence Technology
Why in News?
Recently, Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Navy from an Indian Naval Ship at Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- For the deployment of Indian Naval warships, VL-SRSAM has been created and developed cooperatively by three Defense Research and Development Organization facilities.
- The missile is capable of destroying a variety of close-range aerial threats, including sea-skimming targets.
- Sea skimming is a technique many anti-ship missiles and some fighter or strike aircraft use to avoid radar and infrared detection
Click Here To Read More: Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile