- Central Consumer Protection Authority
- India – Japan Maritime Exercise
Focus: GS II- Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Central Consumer Protection Authority completes two years of glorious establishment.
About Central Consumer Protection Authority
- CCPA is a regulatory body established in 2020 based on the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
- CCPA works under the administrative control of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
- It will have a Chief Commissioner as head, and only two other commissioners as members — one of whom will deal with matters relating to goods while the other will look into cases relating to services.
- The CCPA will have an Investigation Wing that will be headed by a Director General.
- District Collectors too, will have the power to investigate complaints of violations of consumer rights, unfair trade practices, and false or misleading advertisements.
Click Here To Read More: Central Consumer Protection Authority
Focus: GS III- Defence
Why in News?
Recently, a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) was conducted between Japan Maritime Self Defense Force and Indian Navy in the Andaman Sea.
About Maritime Partnership Exercise:
- The exercises were aimed at enhancing interoperability and streamlining seamanship and communication procedures.
- This exercise is part of the ongoing efforts between the two navies towards ensuring safe and secure international shipping and trade in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- The two countries have been carrying out regular exercises in IOR towards reinforcing maritime association.
- Seamanship activities, aircraft operations and tactical manoeuvres as part of the operational interaction.