Details of Various Schemes Under Ministry of Minority Affairs in news
Employment-oriented Skill Development Initiatives
- Seekho Aur Kamao– It is a placement linked skill development programme.
- Nai Manzil – A scheme for formal school education & skilling of school dropouts
- Gharib Nawaz Employment Training for providing short-term job oriented skill development courses to youths belonging to minority communities
Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
- It is an area development scheme.
- The Ministry has identified 1300 backward Minority Concentration Areas (MCAs) for the implementation of this scheme.
- It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme for creating socioeconomic infrastructure as well as basic amenities for uplifting the quality of life of minorities in the MCAs.
- The amenities are meant for all segments of the society including minorities.
Naya Savera Scheme
The objective of the Naya Savera Scheme is to assist students/candidates belonging to the notified the minority communities by way of special coaching for qualifying in competitive examination for recruitment to Group A, B & C services and other equivalent post under the Central and State Governments including public sector undertaking, banks, railways etc. or for admission in technical/professional courses.
Nai Udaan Scheme
Objective of the Nai Udaan Scheme is to provide financial support to the minority candidates who clear the preliminary examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commission.