Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in news?
The Government of India invites nominations for the “Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar” for excellence in the field of Disaster Management.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskaar
- Government of India, to recognize the excellent work done by individuals and institutions in India in the field of Disaster Management, has instituted an annual award. known as Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskaar.
- These awards are announced on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 23rd January every year.
- Both institutions and individuals are eligible for these awards.
- Only Indian nationals and Indian institutions can apply for the award.
- For institutional awards, voluntary organizations, corporate entities, academic/research institutions, response/ uniformed forces or any other institution may apply for the award.
- Any Indian national or institution can nominate a candidate for consideration for this award. Candidates can also self-nominate themselves.
- The applicant must have worked in the area of Disaster Management like Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research, Innovation or Early Warning related work in India.