Focus: GS-II International Relations
Why in news?
- Speaking on the occasion of handing over 10 broad gauge locomotives to Bangladesh – Indian Minister of External Affairs said India-Bangladesh relationship is a role model for good neighbourly relationship in the South Asian region.
- Bangladesh’s Foreign Minister said that the Indian government and society have an obligation to prevent any development that can fracture the historic ties with Bangladesh.
- India emphasized that it was indeed happy to witness the transformative economic growth in Bangladesh, and that Bangladeshi achievements across all socio-economic indicators have set new benchmarks.
- The locomotives handed over under grant assistance are expected to provide improved train operations within the Bangladesh Railways and strengthen interchange with the Indian Railways.
- The Bangladeshi Foreign Minister said both sides should work in such a way so that such disruptions can be averted.
- Regarding the position of Bangladesh about the beginning of the temple construction in Ayodhya – Bangladeshi Foreign assured that they will not allow it to hurt ties.
Recently in news: India appreciated the position as Dhaka considers it an internal matter of India. Click Here to read more about India – Bangladesh relations
-Source: The Hindu