The second edition of ‘World Food India 2023’ was inaugurated recently in New Delhi, where the Prime Minister of India provided Seed Capital Assistance to over one lakh Self Help Group (SHG) members.
Facts for Prelims
World Food India 2023
- World Food India 2023 serves as a gateway to India’s food economy, fostering collaboration between domestic and international investors.
- This event brings together a diverse range of participants, including manufacturers, producers, food processors, investors, policymakers, and organizations from across the global food ecosystem.
- The mascot for World Food India 2023 is “MillInd,” a probot, representing the event.
Shree Anna (Millets): Leveraging India’s Super Food for the World
- Millets are positioned as a solution to global challenges such as climate change, population growth, and malnutrition, contributing to food and nutrition security.
- 2023 is designated by the United Nations as the International Year of Millets (IYM 2023).
Exponential Food Processing: Positioning India as the Global Hub
- India aims to bolster its food processing industry by leveraging key enablers to make the country a global hub in this sector.
- Providing adequate and affordable credit to the food processing sector, particularly to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), is one of the important enablers for this vision.