- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya
- Water quality testing
- Electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS)
SUGAMYA BHARAT ABHIYAN
Focus: GS 2;Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
Why in News?
Implementation strategies of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan will develop technically feasible and economically viable technology solutions for Divyangjan in realizing the dream of ‘Accessible India-Empowered India’ : Speakers at ‘Conclave on Assistive Technologies and Divyangjan’ at IISF-2020
About Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- Accessible India Campaign or Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is a program which is set to be launched to serve the differently-able community of the country.
- The program comes with an index to measure the design of disabled-friendly buildings and human resource policies.
Please Click on this Link for Detailed Explanation about Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
PT.MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA
Focus: GS 1 ; The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country
Why in News?
PM pays tributes to Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya on his Jayanti
About Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya
- Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya was an Indian scholar, educational reformer and politician notable for his role in the Indian independence movement, as the four times president of Indian National Congress and the founder of Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha.
Please Click on this Link for Detailed Explanation about Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya Ji
Focus: GS 2 ; Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
Why in News?
E-Sampada- New Web Portal & Mobile App Launched on Good Governance Day– To Simplify Processes & Bring Uniformity In Systems Across India
- Good governance day is celebrated annually on 25 December, the anniversary of the birth of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- In line with the objectives of boosting transparency and accountability while ensuring ease of living for the citizens, the Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs dedicated to the nation, a new Web Portal and Mobile App, e-Sampada.
- The new application provides a single window for all these services including allotment for over one lakh government residential accommodations, office space allotment to government organisations in 45 office complexes in 28 cities.
- In its endeavour to provide ‘One Nation, One System’, the erstwhile four websites (gpra.nic.in, eawas.nic.in, estates.gov.in, holidayhomes.nic.in), and two Mobile Apps (m-Awas & m-Ashoka5) of the Directorate of Estates have been integrated into one, which paves the way for all services on the same platform throughout the country.
About Good Governance Day
- Good Governance Day is observed in India annually on the twenty-fifth day of December, the birth anniversary of former-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Good Governance Day was established in 2014 to honor Prime Minister Vajpayee by fostering awareness among the Indian people of accountability in government.
- Below are the characteristics of the Good Governance as shown in the below attached image
About Good Governance Index (GGI)
- The rankings were launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, and the Centre for Good Governance.
- The GGI takes into consideration ten sectors as follows;-
- Agriculture and Allied Sectors,
- Commerce & Industries,
- Human Resource Development,
- Public Health,
- Public Infrastructure & Utilities,
- Economic Governance,
- Social Welfare & Development,
- Judicial & Public Security,
- Environment and
- Citizen-Centric Governance.
- These ten Governance Sectors are measured on total 50 indicators.
- The Good Governance Day is observed on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Good Governance Index has been scientifically designed on various parameters of governance.
- The southern state of Tamil Nadu has bagged the top position in the composite ranking for good governance index (GGI), followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka, according to data provided by the Personnel Ministry in 2019 Survey.
WATER QUALITY TESTING
Focus: GS 2 ; Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Why in News?
National Jal Jeevan Mission Launches Innovation Challenge for Developing Portable Devices to Test Drinking Water Quality
About Water Quality Testing
- The National Jal Jeevan Mission has launched an innovation challenge in partnership with Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade to develop portable devices for water testing.
- The main objective of the exercise is to bring an innovative, modular, and cost-effective solution to develop portable devices that can be used at the household level to test the drinking water quality instantly, easily and accurately.
- Water quality testing is one of the priority areas under Jal Jeevan Mission, the flagship programme of Union Government. The aim of the innovation challenge is to ensure that water sources are tested at various locations, at different levels; thereby, helping the policy framers to design programs which address the water contamination issues.
Background of Drinking Water in India
- Drinking water supply in rural areas is from both from groundwater (80%) and surface water (20%) sources.
- However, due to the depleting groundwater level, especially in arid and semi-arid regions, the use of surface water is on the rise.
- For both groundwater and surface waterbased rural drinking water supply systems, it is important to measure relevant area-specific contaminations to ensure access to potable water.
- The Uniform Drinking Water Quality Protocol, 2019 has specified some important parameters to be monitored for assuring portability of drinking water as per BIS IS 10500:2012 and subsequent amendments.
- As per NITI Aayog report released in June 2019, India is facing the worst-ever water crisis in history.
- The report goes on to say that nearly 40 % of the population will have absolutely no access to drinking water by 2030 and 6 % of India’s GDP will be lost by 2050 due to the water crisis.
About Jal Jeevan Mission
- Jal Jeevan Mission is under implementation in partnership with the States to enable every rural home to have tap water connection by 2024.
- The aim of the mission is to provide every rural household potable tap water in adequate quantity and of prescribed quality on a regular and long-term basis.
- The National Jal Jeevan Mission invites applicants to join the Innovation Challenge to develop portable devices for water testing and become a part of this life changing Jan Aandolan.
Please click on this link for a Detailed Explanation about Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM)
ELECTRONIC-HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (e-HRMS)
Focus: GS 3; Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
Why in News?
Union Home Secretary and Secretary, DoPT Shri A.K.Bhalla releases e-HRMS brochure on Good Governance Day
Background for the need of e-HRMS
- India is a software superpower in its own right.
- In this age of Digital India, writing letters on paper and moving physical files should be a thing of the past.
- Manual office procedures also lead to wastage of paper, resources, time and money.
- Employees of the Government can be made more skillful and efficient by introducing digital management of Human Resource processes like leave, Leave Travel Concession (LTC), Service Records etc.
About e-HRMS and its Benefits
- e-HRMS is an online platform for central government employees to apply for leave and access their service-related information.
- It will enable these employees to see all their details with respect to service book, leave, salary, GPF, etc.
- DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training introduced the e-HRMS to facilitate a digital working environment, and streamline Human Resource services for Government employees.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) is the technical partner of DoPT for designing, development and implementation of e-HRMS. Through e-HRMS, Government employees are accessing their service-related information.
- It has digitized HR processes in the Government of India, leading to several benefits for the government employees and increasing efficiency.
- e-HRMS will provide analytics to the Senior Administration in Policy formulation and implementation.
- By this system, Government Human Resources can be managed digitally.
- The employee can get Human Resource assistance at the click of a button.
- It will also play an important role in facilitating ‘Work From Home’ for Government Employees, which is the new normal now Later on, this e-HRMS can be adopted by State Governments and other Government Units providing a single window access for hiring-to-retiring of Government employees.
- Mission Karmayogi is envisaged around six-pillars as mentioned below, given the core HR focus of the Mission, e-HRMS is one of the pillars in its own right.