Focus: GS II: Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Recently, on the occasion of International MSME Day, the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, MSME launched ‘CHAMPIONS 2.0 Portal.
About CHAMPIONS 2.0 Portal:
- The CHAMPIONS 2.0 portal is a single-window grievance redressal portal for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- CHAMPIONS stands for the Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing Output and National Strength.
- It was launched on June 1, 2020, by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- The portal operates in a Hub & Spoke Model, with the Hub located in New Delhi at the Secretary MSME’s office, and the spokes in various offices and institutions of the Ministry located in different states.
- The portal has expanded its scope by onboarding 25 ministries/departments/government institutions, 32 state governments, and 58 banks to cater to the operational requirements.
- The revamped CHAMPIONS 2.0 portal incorporates AI-driven chatbots to enhance user experience and provide efficient grievance redressal.
- The portal is available in 11 languages, including Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, and Kannada, to cater to a wider audience.
- It includes a real-time feedback mechanism for analysis, allowing users to provide feedback on their experience with the portal.