The Union Minister for Women and Child Development introduced the government’s flagship program ‘Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi’, which will focus on Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) at anganwadis across the country.
GS II: Government policies and Interventions, Facts for Prelims
About Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi
The “Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi” initiative focuses on the training of Anganwadi Workers (AWW) to effectively implement Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE). Here are some key points about the program:
- Funding Allocation: The Ministry has allocated Rs 600 crore to support the training of Anganwadi Workers, ensuring the successful implementation of ECCE.
- Importance within Mission Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0: ECCE is a crucial component of Mission Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 (Mission Poshan 2.0), both of which aim to improve child development and nutrition.
- Training Provider: The National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) will be responsible for providing the necessary training to Anganwadi Workers.
- Objectives: The primary objective of the program is to transform Anganwadi Centers into not only nutrition hubs but also centers for imparting education.
- Mother Tongue Education: The ECCE program places emphasis on providing education in the child’s mother tongue, aligning with the principles of the National Education Policy.
- Increased Pre-School Instruction: Through the “Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi” policy, each child will receive a minimum of two hours of high-quality pre-school instruction daily, ensuring their early educational development.
-Source: The Hindu