Focus: GS III: Environment and Ecology
Why in News?
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Government of India envisages celebrating World Environment Day 2023 with a thrust on the Mission LiFE.
About EIACP Programme:
- The EIACP (Environmental Information, Awareness, Capacity Building and Livelihood Programme) is a Central Sector sub-scheme implemented in alignment with Mission LiFE.
- It is a revamp of the Environmental Information System (ENVIS), which was established as a planned program in 1983.
- The ENVIS has now been incorporated into the broader scheme of Environment Education, Awareness, Research, and Skill Development.
- The EIACP serves as a comprehensive platform for the dissemination of environmental information, facilitating policy formulation, and promoting alternate livelihoods through green skilling.
About Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment):
- Mission LiFE was proposed by the Prime Minister of India at COP 26.
- It aims to be a global mass movement led by India, encouraging individual and collective action to protect and preserve the environment.
- The movement will showcase sustainable goals and climate actions taken by countries and individuals worldwide.
- It promotes a democratic approach to fighting climate change, allowing everyone to contribute based on their capacities.
- The spirit of the movement is encapsulated in the P3 model, which stands for Pro Planet People.
- Mission LiFE operates on the principles of a lifestyle for the planet, by the planet, and of the planet.