Over 1,200 biogas plants have registered on the Gobardhan portal since it was launched, according to an official release.
GS II: Government policies and Interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Unified Registration Portal
- GOBARdhan Scheme
About Unified Registration Portal/ GOBARdhan Portal :
- The Unified Registration Portal is a centralized repository for investment and participation in the Biogas/CBG (Compressed Biogas) sector in India.
- Its primary objective is to simplify the process of setting up CBG/Biogas plants across the country.
- The portal allows government, cooperative, or private entities involved in or planning to establish Biogas/CBG/Bio-CNG plants to obtain a registration number by enrolling in the portal.
- This registration number provides access to various benefits and support from the Ministries and Departments of the Government of India.
- The GOBARdhan Scheme, which stands for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan, is a significant initiative of the Government of India.
- It was launched in 2018 as a national priority project under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen-Phase II program.
- The aim of the scheme is to convert cattle dung, agricultural residue, and other organic waste into Biogas, CBG, and bio-fertilizers to generate wealth and energy.
- The scheme adopts a comprehensive approach involving various government departments to promote a circular economy by transforming waste into valuable resources.
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, is the nodal ministry responsible for the implementation of the GOBARdhan Scheme.
-Source: The Hindu