Under Operation Dhvast, National Investigation Agency (NIA) recently arrested three in multi-state raids.
Facts for Prelims
About ‘Operation Dhvast’:
- ‘Operation Dhvast’ refers to a massive crackdown conducted by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), Punjab Police, and Haryana Police.
- The operation involved coordinated raids at 324 locations across various states, including Punjab, Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
- The raids were carried out simultaneously and lasted for an entire day.
Arrests and Cases:
- As a result of ‘Operation Dhvast’, the NIA has made three arrests in connection with three separate cases.
- These cases are related to the nexus among terrorists, gangsters, and drug dealers.
- The investigation has uncovered links between this nexus and activities such as targeted killings, extortion, and terror funding of pro-Khalistan outfits.
- The earnings from illegal activities like drug and weapon smuggling have been identified as sources of funding for these activities.
Jail Conspiracies and International Network:
- The NIA’s investigations have revealed that conspiracies were being plotted in prisons located in different states.
- These conspiracies were executed by a well-organized network of operatives based abroad.
- The nexus between terrorists, gangsters, and drug dealers involved international connections and coordination.
-Source: Times of India