Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
Recently, as part of India’s G20 Presidency, the Y20 group’s Y20 Consultation took place at the University of Kashmir. The consultation aimed to engage the youth of the nation in discussions about ideas for a better future and to develop an agenda for action on the topic of “Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a Way of Life.”
Highlights of the Y20 Consultation Event: Background:
- India assumed the Presidency of G20 with the theme of “One Earth, One Family, One Future.”
- The Department of Youth Affairs was tasked with organizing the Youth 20 Summit-2023.
- Participation: Youth delegates from G20 countries and students from the University of Kashmir and schools in J&K.
- Areas of Discussion: Four panel discussions focused on climate change’s impact on biodiversity and human well-being, disaster risk reduction, green energy innovations and opportunities, and challenges and prospects related to water resources.
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a Way of Life
- Future of Work: Industry 4.0, Innovation, & 21st Century Skills
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation: Ushering in an Era of No War
- Shared Future: Youth in Democracy and Governance
- Health, Well-being & Sports: Agenda for Youth