The ‘Bharat Gaurav’ train service from Coimbatore to Shirdi, a first of its kind in the country, was inaugurated at the Coimbatore North Railway Station.
GS III- Infrastructure
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Bharat Gaurav Scheme
- Benefits of the Scheme
About Bharat Gaurav Scheme
- It was launched in November 2021,
- The main objective behind launching Bharat Gaurav trains is to boost tourism.
- This is the third segment of trains after passenger and freight segments.
- These are not ordinary trains that will run according to a schedule, but will be more along the lines of the IRCTC’s Ramayana Express.
- It was announced as part of the tourism circuit trains with a theme. These trains will be run in theme-based circuits by both private players and the IRCTC.
- The railways mean trains like Guru Kripa, which visits all areas associated with Guru Nanak, or a Ramayan-themed train, which visits places associated with Lord Ram.
- Anyone can apply to take these trains and run them on special tourism circuits based on a theme, including groups, trusts, consortia, and even state governments.
- Tourists will be able to purchase all-inclusive packages that include rail travel, hotel accommodations, sightseeing arrangements, visits to historical/heritage sites, and tour guides, among other things.
- The scheme has been developed after extensive stakeholder discussions and a lot of State Governments, including Odisha, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, have shown interest.
Benefits of the Scheme:
- These trains will assist people in India and around the world understand India’s rich cultural heritage and spectacular historical sites.
- They will also aid in the development of India’s tremendous tourism potential.
-Source: The Hindu