Recently, the Minister of State for Communications, Government of India, launched the TRINETRA Security system at the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) campus in New Delhi.
GS III: Security Challenegs
Dimensions of the Article:
- C-DOT’s TRINETRA
- Key Facts about Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT)
- Integrated Security Solution: C-DOT’s TRINETRA is a comprehensive amalgamation of various security systems, including:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- User Entity and Behavior Analytics (UEBA)
- Multi-Source Threat Intelligence, and more.
- Cybersecurity Status: Offers 24×7 near real-time actionable insights into the cybersecurity landscape.
- Threat Detection and Resolution: Facilitates identification and resolution of cyber threats, spanning viruses, malware, ransomware, spyware, and more.
- Endpoint Protection: Safeguards IT assets, such as PCs, laptops, servers, and virtual machines, via vulnerability detection, analysis, and mitigation. Implements AI-enabled automated responses to cyber threats.
- Sensitive Data Protection: Ensures safeguarding of sensitive data during operations.
- Government Sector Focus: Primarily designed to safeguard the critical digital infrastructure of various government departments.
- Adaptive Defense: Equipped to counteract the evolving and dynamic cyber threat landscape.
Key Facts about Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT):
- Role and Affiliation: C-DOT serves as the principal Research and Development (R&D) center under the Department of Telecommunications, part of the Ministry of Communications, Government of India.
- Diverse Telecom Technologies: C-DOT is renowned for its contributions to cutting-edge Telecom technologies, encompassing domains like 4G/5G, Disaster Management, Cyber Security, and Quantum Communications.
- Establishment: C-DOT was founded in 1984 as an autonomous Telecom R&D institution operating under the Department of Telecommunications.
- Legal Status: It operates as a registered society in accordance with the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Recognition: C-DOT holds recognition as a ‘public funded research institution’ under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Location: The headquarters of C-DOT is situated in New Delhi.
-Source: Indian Express, PIB