Consider the following statements:
1. If the election of the President of India is declared void by the Supreme Court of India, all acts done by him/her in the performance of duties of his/her office of President before the date of decision become invalid.
2. Election for the post of the President of India can be postponed on the ground that some Legislative Assemblies have been dissolved and elections are yet to take place
3. When a Bill is presented to the President of India, the Constitution prescribes time limits within which he/she has to declare his/her assent.
How many of the above statements are correct?
(a) Only one
(b) Only two
(c) All three
- Statement 1: Incorrect – Acts performed by a President declared void do not automatically become invalid.
- Statement 2: Incorrect – President’s election cannot be postponed due to Legislative Assembly dissolution.
- Statement 3: Incorrect – The Constitution does not prescribe specific time limits for the President’s assent to a bill. Answer: (d) None.