Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
‘Dak Karmayogi’ , an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts was launched by, Minister of Communications, Railways, Electronics & IT, and Minister of State for Communications, at a function held at Stein Auditorium, Indian Habitat Centre.
About Dak Karmayogi
- This portal has been developed ‘In-House’ under vision of ‘Mission Karmayogi’, which was conceptualized by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi with a view to bring efficiency in actions of all the employees of Government of India and transforming efficiency of bureaucracy with ‘Minimum Government’ and ‘Maximum Governance’.
- On successful completion of final summative assessment, a system generated course completion certificate will be sent on trainee’s registered email ID automatically.
- Trainees can give their feedback, ratings and suggestions for each and every video and other learning content so that necessary enrichment can be ensured.
- Department of Posts has been imparting training to its employees through its network of 10 Postal Training Centres/Regional Training Centre and Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy (RAKNPA), a Central Training Institute.
- To recognise the good performance of employees of Department of Posts and motivate them to maintain or improve their good work, Meghdoot Awards were also conferred in eight different categories by Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology and Minister of State for Communications during the event.
- It will enhance the competencies of about 4 lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks & Departmental employees by enabling the trainees to access the uniform standardized training content online or in blended campus mode to enable them to effectively deliver a number of G2C services for enhanced customer satisfaction.
- However, with the launch of this portal, Departmental employees and Gramin Dak Sevaks will be able to avail training ‘Any-time, Any-where’ and upgrade their Attitude, Skill and Knowledge (ASK), as per their convenience.
- The portal is expected to go a long way in being an enabler in providing better services by upgrading employees and Gramin Dak Sevaks.