Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 06 September 2022
- Divergence to convergence: India and Australia
- Ladakh will have India’s first “Dark Sky Reserve” for astronomy tourism
- The fifth round of Track 1.5 Australia-India Leadership Dialogue will take place on September 6, 2022 in New Delhi, bringing together 50 of Australia’s and India’s best and brightest leaders, including Ministers, business leaders, and academics, for an invitation-only forum.
- Addressing Australia-India bilateral relations in the context of the Indo-Pacific region, the Dialogue provides a forum for consensus-building, paving the way for agreements on formal outcomes.
GS Paper – 2 International Treaties & Agreements, Government Policies & Interventions, Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India’s Interests
Discuss the significance of the India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) from an Indo-Pacific perspective. (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Divergence To Convergence: India and Australia
- By the end of 2022, India will have established the country’s first Dark Sky Reserve in Ladakh’s cold desert regions. The Minister of State (Independent charge) for Science and Technology recently announced this.
- A Dark Sky Reserve is public or private land with a distinguished nocturnal environment and starry nights that has been responsibly developed to prevent light pollution.
- These reserves, according to the International Dark Sky Association (IDSA) website, include:
- a core area that meets minimum criteria for sky quality and natural darkness, and
- a peripheral area that supports dark sky preservation in the core.
GS Paper 3: Science and technology, Space Technology
Discuss India’s accomplishments in space science and technology. How has the use of this technology aided India’s socioeconomic development? (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Ladakh Will Have India’s First “Dark Sky Reserve” For Astronomy Tourism