Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 08 September 2022
- The Path to Intelligent and Precise Agriculture
- Economic and energy ties with Russia
- The Green Revolution in India, which began in the 1960s, enabled the country to make significant strides in domestic food production and contributed significantly to progress in agriculture and allied sectors. It transformed India from a food-deficit country to an export-oriented country with a food surplus.
- In India, 70% of rural households still rely primarily on agriculture for a living, with 82% of farmers classified as small and marginal.
- However, India is now dealing with second-generation issues, particularly those related to sustainability, nutrition, the adoption of new agricultural technologies, and the income levels of the farming-dependent population.
GS Paper 1– : Agricultural Resources, GS Paper – 2: Government Policies & Interventions, GS Paper – 3: E-Technology in the Aid of Farmers
Follow India’s journey from a food-deficit to a food-surplus nation. Highlight the obstacles to agricultural growth. (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: The Path To Intelligent And Precise Agriculture
- Recently, Prime Minister Modi virtually attended the 7th Eastern Economic Forum plenary session (EEF).
- The EEF promotes development in Russia’s far east.
GS Paper – 2: India and its Neighbourhood, Bilateral Groupings & Agreements, Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India’s Interests, Effect of Policies & Politics of Countries on India’s Interests
Discuss the key factors responsible for the deterioration of India-Russia relations, as well as the approach that the two countries can take to rekindle their long-standing bilateral ties. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Economic And Energy Ties With Russia