Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 09 August 2022
- Recalling ‘Quit India’ Movement
- Combined Maritime Forces
- On this day 80 years ago, on August 9, 1942, the people of India began the decisive final phase of their independence struggle.
- It was a massive anti-colonial uprising on a never-before-seen scale, and it sent a clear message that the British Empire in India was about to come to an end.
GS Paper 1: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors
/contributions from different parts of the country
The Quit India Movement was unlike any other Gandhian mass movement. Analyze critically. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: Recalling ‘Quit India’ Movement
- India has officially begun working with the Bahrain-based multilateral partnership, Combined Maritime Forces (CMF).
- India announced its intention to join the CMF as an Associate Partner at the India-US 2+2 in April.
- According to official sources, the modalities of the exact nature of cooperation are being worked out.
- The modalities will specify how many ships India will deploy and whether it will begin with personnel deployment.
GS Paper 3: Internal security, Defense
Criminals and anti-national activities have always been a threat to India’s coasts. When discussing potential threats, emphasise India’s coastal security measures. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: Combined Maritime Forces