Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
Recently, the Secretary (Telecom) of, the Government of India launched the ‘IEEE C-DOT Certified Telecom Expert Program (ICCTEP)’.
About IEEE C-DOT Certified Telecom Expert Program (ICCTEP)
- ICCTEP is a result of collaboration between the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT).
- IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization working to advance technology for the betterment of humanity.
- IEEE inspires a global community through its various activities, including highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional & educational programs.
About Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT):
- C-DOT is the premier R&D center of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India.
- C-DOT has designed various cutting-edge Telecom technologies, including 4G/5G, Disaster Management, Cyber Security, and Quantum Communications.
- The ICCTEP offers a specially-tailored certification program aimed at providing quality learning in diverse areas of Telecom.
- The program focuses on building skills that would increase participation of students, academia, technologists, industry, start-ups, and other relevant stakeholders in developing globally-competitive Telecom technologies and solutions.
- The first program launched on the platform is on 5G and beyond.