Focus: Welfare Schemes
Why in News?
Recently, the Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare informed Lok Sabha about the LaQshya Programme.
About LaQshya Programme:
- LaQshya is a program that focuses on ensuring the quality of care during intrapartum and immediate post-partum periods in Labour Room and Maternity Operation Theatre.
- It covers various healthcare facilities, including government medical college hospitals, district hospitals, and high case load CHCs, with the aim of reducing preventable maternal and newborn mortality, morbidity, and stillbirths.
- The program targets a 5% or less Surgical Site Infection Rate in Maternity OT, with a minimum reduction of 30% from the baseline.
- Compliance with the program’s requirements is verified by independent NQAS assessors at the time of LaQshya certification.
- The program is under the purview of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.