Focus: Facts for prelims
Why in News?
National Single Window System, NSWS Portal for various Central, State, and UT clearances has hit a new milestone by crossing 75 thousand approvals.
What is the National Single Window System (NSWS)?
- The NSWS is a digital platform that helps businesses identify and apply for approvals from various government departments and agencies.
- The portal offers applications for approvals from 26 Central Departments and 19 State Governments, which can be accessed through the NSWS.
- The NSWS provides a single interface for businesses to apply for all “G2B” clearances from various Ministries and Departments and helps to eliminate duplication of work by automatically filling out form fields based on a single investor profile.
- The platform is intended to serve as an advisory tool to identify approvals based on user input and should be used for guidance purposes only.
- The NSWS initiative represents a “Whole of Government” approach, with different Central Ministries, Departments, states, and Union Territories coming together to provide investor-related clearances on a single portal with transparency and accountability, improving the ease of doing business.