- Sharmila uses the classical Odissi and her dance ensemble, Sanjali, will present a dance choreography called Hansika.
- It is an adaptation of the Russian ballet — Swan Lake, and Sharmila uses the classical Odissi dance form to present the story.
- About Odissi Dance
- Odissi is a major ancient Indian classical dance that originated in the Hindu temples of Odisha – an eastern coastal state of India
- Odissi, in its history, was performed predominantly by women and expressed religious stories and spiritual ideas
- two major styles, the first perfected by women and focused on solemn, spiritual temple dance (maharis); the second perfected by boys dressed as girls (gotipuas)
Enable Notifications. Ok No thanks