Focus: GS II- Health
Why in news?
Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) under Ministry of AYUSH is organizing a conference on Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine
- The objective for this conference would be exchange of experience by policy makers and experts to identify strategic actions towards an effective and efficient inclusion of Homoeopathy in integrative care.
- During the inauguration, CCRH intends to launch the Homoeopathic Clinical Case Repository, a database aimed at compiling cases treated through Homoeopathy from practitioners across the country to build up evidence base towards Homoeopathy.
- E-library of CCRH would also be launched on the occasion.
- Publications of CCRH enhancing translation of research to clinical practice and education would also be released.
- The word ‘Homeopathy’ is derived from two Greek words, Homois meaning similar and pathos meaning suffering. It was introduced in India in the 18th Century.
- It takes a holistic approach towards the sick individual through promotion of inner balance at mental, emotional, spiritual and physical levels.
Focus: GS II- Education, GS III- Science and Technology
Why in news?
Union Education Minister launches NanoSniffer, a Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector.
- NanoSniffer is the world’s first Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD) developed by NanoSniff Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubated startup.
- The core technology of NanoSniffer is protected by patents in the U.S. & Europe.
- This affordable device will reduce our dependency on imported explosive trace detector devices.
- It will also encourage other institutions, startups and medium-scale industries to research & develop products indigenously.
- This home-grown Explosive trace detector device (ETD) – NanoSniffer can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds and it also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes.
- It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives.
- It gives visible & audible alerts with sunlight-readable color display, he added.
- NanoSniffer provides trace detection of nano-gram quantity of explosives & delivers result in seconds.
- It can accurately detect a wide range of military, commercial and homemade explosives threats.
- Further analysis of the algorithms also helps in categorization of explosives into the appropriate class.
- NanoSniffer has successfully passed Pune based DRDO’s High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) testing and has also been tested by the country’s elite counter-terror force National Security Guard (NSG).