- Saksham Campaign
- Indian Heritage in Digital Space
Why in news?
an annual one-month long, people-centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
More about SAKSHAM
- PCRA and Oil & Gas companies shall carry out various interactive programs during this month-long campaign.
- Activities like ‘Saksham’ Cycle Day, Cyclothons, Workshops for drivers of commercial vehicles, Seminars for housewives/cooks on adopting simple fuel saving measure, Nationwide campaign through Radio, TV, Digital Cinemas, Outdoor etc. are planned with an aim to reach the nook and corner of the country with the message of fuel conservation, Greener Environment and better Health
INDIAN HERITAGE IN DIGITAL SPACE
Why in news?
- Special exhibition titled Indian Heritage in Digital Space (IHDS) and a two day long first international heritage symposium was launched in New Delhi in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- This special exhibition, first of its kind in India, has a major focus to display the latest interventions in the cultural heritage domain, that are being driven by cutting-edge technologies such as 3D fabrication, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality, Holographic Projections and Projection Mapping etc.
- A special installation named ‘ViRaasat’, consisting of a scaled down 3D printed replica shall provide a mixed reality experience to visitors for selected monuments, using laser-scanning, 3D modelling and rendering, 3D printing, computer vision and spatial AR.
IDHS programme objectives
1. To initiate and nurture research in the frontier areas of digital heritage with specific reference to problems of Indian context.
2. To create a crowd-sourcing framework for building digital collections of heritage resources through participation of the public in general.
3. To create a mechanism to store, curate and distribute multi-media digital resources and assets for unrestricted access to support cross-disciplinary research in Indian heritage.