- Initiatives by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas
- National Data Repository
- Ek Bharat, Shresht bharat
INITIATIVES BY Ministry Of PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS.
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas is concerned with exploration and production of Oil & Natural Gas, refining, distribution and marketing, import, export and conservation of petroleum products. Oil and Gas being the important import for our economy, many initiatives have been taken by the Ministry for increasing production and exploitation of all domestic petroleum resources to address the priorities like Energy Access, Energy Efficiency, Energy Sustainability and Energy Security.
- PRADHAN MANTRI UJJWALA YOJANA (PMUY)
With the objective to provide clean cooking fuel to poor households, especially in rural areas ensuring universal coverage of LPG as cooking gas in the country, the Government launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in May 2016, with an initial target of 5 crore. It was further revised to providing 8 crore connections to an adult woman of poor households by March, 2020, which has already been achieved on 7th September, 2019 i.e. 7 months ahead of the target.
The Government, as a measure of Good Governance, has introduced well targeted system of subsidy delivery to LPG consumers through PAHAL. The initiative of the Government was aimed at rationalizing subsidies, based on approach to cut subsidy leakages, but not subsidies themselves.
- REFORMS IN EXPLORATION AND LICENSING POLICY
The Government notified ‘Reforms in Exploration and Licensing Policy, for enhancing domestic exploration and production of oil and gas’ on 28th February 2019, with the objective to intensify exploration activities, attract foreign and domestic investment and enhance domestic production. The salient features of Policy Reforms are as under:
- Shifting of focus from ‘revenue’ to ‘production maximisation’.
- No Revenue Sharing with Government in Category- II & III sedimentary basins.
- Boost to exploration activities by assigning greater weightage to exploration work programme.
- For unexplored areas in Category I basins, 70% weightage to Minimum Work Programme and 30% weightage to Revenue Sharing with a cap of 50% at Highest Revenue Sharing point (HRP); and
- For Category II and III sedimentary basins, 100% weightage for Minimum Work Programme.
- Shorter exploration period for early development.
- Fiscal concessions for early monetization and commercial production.
- Marketing and Pricing freedom for natural gas.
NATIONAL DATA REPOSITORY (NDR)
The NDR was established by the Government to assimilate, preserve and upkeep the vast amount of data which could be organized and regulated for use in future exploration and development, besides use by R&D and other educational institutions.
EK BHARATH SHRESTA BHARATH
In order to facilitate the travel of youth participants of “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” program, Indian Railways has decided to grant 50% concession in basic fares of Second/Sleeper Class to youths with earnings/emoluments of not more than Rs.5000/- per month for travelling from one State to another State to take part in ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme
About ek bharath shresta bharath
“Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” was announced by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions and practices of different States & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the States, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
- Its launched by ministry of human resource and development.
- All States and UTs will be covered under the programme. There will be pairing of States/UTs at national level and these pairings will be in effect for one year, or till the next round of pairings
Objectives of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows:-
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
- PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity;
- TO ESTABLISH long-term engagements and
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.