- SANT KABIR DAS
- TOYCATHON 2021
- INDIA SIGNS $32 MILLION LOAN WITH WORLD BANK
SANT KABIR DAS
Focus: GS I- History
Why in News?
The Prime Minister has paid tribute to Sant Kabir Das ji on his Jayanti.
About Kabir Das:
- Kabir was the most famous disciple of Ramananda.
- He was brought up by a Muslim couple who were weavers by profession.
- He had a curious mind in learning new things and he learned much about Hinduism in Benares.
- Kabir’s aim was to reunite Hindus and Muslims and form harmony between them.
- He is regarded as the greatest of the mystic saints.
- His followers are called Kabirpanthis.
- In the 14th and 15th centuries, Ramananda, Kabir and Nanak remained the great apostles of the Bhakti cult.
- They aided the common people to shed age-old superstitions and attain salvation through Bhakti or pure devotion.
- Criticized all forms of worship of idols.
- Kabir believed that God is uni-present .
- According to him true dedication is way to realize the one own-self & hence the supreme power called God.
- Kabir did not support asceticism and believed that one can find God without leaving the materialistic world & its obligations.
- Kabir saw all the religions in the same light & considered religions merely different means to reach same God.
- He strictly criticized those who divides society on religious and caste grounds.
- Kabir took good things from all religions while filtered out orthodox practices & meaningless rituals.
- These ideas were basically bedrock of Bhakti cult followed by Mira bai, Raidas, Bihari etc.
Focus: Facts for prelims
Why in News ?
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi interacted with participants of Toycathon 2021 via video conferencing.
About Toycathon 2021
- Toys as the first friend of the children also emphasized the economic aspects of toys and gaming called it ‘Toyconomy’.
- It aims to promote India as a global toy manufacturing hub.
- To conceptualize innovative toys based on the Indian value system which will inculcate the positive behaviour and good value among the children.
- Indian culture and ethos, local folklore and heroes, and Indian value systems.
- It is a Initiative by
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Ministry of Textile
- Ministry of Commerce and Industries
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Importance of Toycathon
- Global toy market is about 100 billion dollars and India have only 1.5 per cent of this market.
- India imports almost 80 per cent of its toys.
- This needs to change and this sector has the capacity to bring progress and growth to the neediest segments of society.
- Toy industry has its own small-scale industry, artisans comprising of rural population, dalits, poor people and tribal population.
- In order to take the benefits to these segments we need be vocal for local toys.
- New models of innovation and financing to make Indian toys competitive at the global level.
- There is a need for new ideas to be incubated, new start-ups promoted, taking new technology to traditional toy makers and creating new market demand.
- World wants to learn about India’s capabilities, art and culture. and society in that way toys can play a big role.
- This is the inspiration behind events like Toycathon.
INDIA SIGNS $32 MILLION LOAN WITH WORLD BANK
Focus: GS II : Important International institutions
Why in News ?
The Government of India, Government of Mizoram and the World Bank have signed a $32 million Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram, particularly for the benefit of under-served areas and vulnerable groups.
About Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project:
- The project will strengthen the governance and the management structure of the Department of Health and Family Welfare (DoHFW) and its subsidiaries, improve the quality and coverage of services delivered by the state government health systems.
- The project amount can invest in a comprehensive Quality Assurance program which would enable quality certification of health facilities.
- A key focus is to strengthen the effectiveness of the state health insurance programme.
- Build synergies with the Government of India’s Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (PMJAY).
- Reduce financial barriers in accessing hospital services, prevent catastrophic out of pocket expenditure for health by poor families and expand coverage.
- Invest in infection prevention and control for a more resilient response to future outbreaks, pandemics, and health emergencies.
- Improving the overall ecosystem for bio-medical waste management (both solid and liquid waste).
- It will include segregation, disinfection, and collection while safeguarding the environment and improving the quality of health service and patient safety.
- The Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project will benefit the people across all eight districts of the state. It will also benefit health sector staff, specifically at the secondary and primary levels, by strengthening their planning and management capacity along with building their clinical skills and competencies.
Key strategy of the project
- Project will move towards a performance based financing system.
- Internal Performance Agreements (IPAs) between the DoHFW and its subsidiaries would foster more accountability at all levels.
- This is expected to go a long way in improving the management of the system to deliver quality health services.
- Promoting synergy between various schemes and augment the capacity of the state insurance agency.