- Registration of Political Parties
- Govt’s efforts to promote fisheries
- 7 Blocks Awarded under Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP)
REGISTRATION OF POLITICAL PARTIES
- Registration of political parties is governed by the provisions of Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- An association seeking registration under the said Section has to submit an application to the Commission within a period of 30 days following the date of its formation, as per the guidelines prescribed by the Commission in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 324 of the Constitution of India and Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- The Commission has launched a “Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System(PPRTMS)” to assist in tracking the status of application
GOVERNMENT’S EFFORTS TO PROMOTE FISHERIES
Government’s efforts on Fisheries sector at three levels to strengthen the sector:
- First – Encouraging fisheries in villages through financial assistance to fishermen.
- Second- Modernizing the fishing boats under the Blue Revolution Scheme.
- Third – Constructing modern infrastructure related to fish trade and business.
- Fishermen have been linked to the Kisan Credit Card facility.
- New fishing harbors are being built in large rivers and in the sea for the convenience of fish farmers.
- A special fund of Rs 7.50 thousand crore has also been created for modern infrastructure.
- Fishermen’s boats are being modernized for deep sea fishing and navigation devices are being installed in boats for the protection of fishermen with the help of ISRO
7 BLOCKS AWARDED UNDER OALP
- All 7 blocks were approved for award to ONGC, for which the Revenue Sharing Contracts have been signed
- The total area awarded today in the 7 On land blocks is 18,510 sq.km.
- Blocks are spread across 3 sedimentary basins: Onland/Rajasthan, Onland/Vindhyan/ MP, Onland/Bengal Purnea/West Bengal
Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP) gives an option to a company looking for exploring hydrocarbons to select the exploration blocks on its own, without waiting for the formal bid round from the Government.
- Under Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP), a bidder intending to explore hydrocarbons like oil and gas, coal bed methane, gas hydrate etc., may apply to the Government seeking exploration of any new block (not already covered by exploration).
- The Government will examine the Expression of Interest and justification. If it is suitable for award, Govt. will call for competitive bids after obtaining necessary environmental and other clearances.
- OALP was introduced vide a Cabinet decision of the Government in 2016, as part of the new fiscal regime in exploration sector called HELP or Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy, so as to enable a faster survey and coverage of the available geographical area which has potential for oil and gas discovery.
Till 2016, exploration was confined to blocks which have been put on tender by the Government. What distinguishes OALP from New Exploration and Licensing Policy (NELP) of 1997 is that under OALP, oil and gas acreages will be available round the year instead of cyclic bidding rounds as in NELP. Potential investors need not have to wait for the bidding rounds to claim acreages.