- Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme (EBP)
- India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp
Focus: GS III- Environment and Ecology, GS-III: Industry and Infrastructure
Why in News?
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister has approved higher ethanol price derived from different sugarcane based raw materials under the EBP Programme for the forthcoming sugar season 2022-23
What is Ethanol fuel?
- Ethanol fuel is ethyl alcohol, the same type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, used as fuel.
- It is most often used as a motor fuel, mainly as a biofuel additive for gasoline.
- Ethanol is commonly made from biomass such as corn or sugarcane.
- Bioethanol is a form of renewable energy that can be produced from agricultural feedstocks.
- It can be made from very common crops such as hemp, sugarcane, potato, cassava and corn.
- There has been considerable debate about how useful bioethanol is in replacing gasoline.
- Concerns about its production and use relate to increased food prices due to the large amount of arable land required for crops, as well as the energy and pollution balance of the whole cycle of ethanol production, especially from corn.
Click Here To Read More : Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme (EBP)
Focus: GS III- Indian Economy
Why in News?
India Post Payments Bank conducts India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp
About India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp:
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), stablished under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by the Government of India, conducted India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp with an initiative called ‘Niveshak Didi’ to promote Financial Literacy ‘By the women, for the women’, in Srinagar, J&K
- As part of launch of ‘Niveshak Didi’ initiative, IPPB conducted India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp by a newly appointed ‘Niveshak Didi’.
- The Floating Financial Literacy Camp was conducted among the local residents around the world-famous Dal Lake of Srinagar, J&K.
- Since Shikara is part & parcel of their life, the gathering did take place on multiple Shikaras and the ‘Niveshak Didi’ held the Financial Literacy session in local Kashmiri language from Shikara itself, thus the whole session was conducted in the waters of Dal Lake.
- The session covered topics ranging from banking and financial products, importance of joining the mainstream financial services offered by regulated entities & protection against various types of risks involved with investments and measures of fraud prevention.
- India Post Payments Bank looks forward to continue such efforts to deliver its mandate of enhancing financial empowerment to the last mile.
Click Here To Read More: India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp