- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has approved continuation of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), till March 2023.
About Atal Innovation Mission
- The Mission has been set up under the NITI Aayog, in accordance with the Hon’ble Finance Minister’s declaration in the 2015 Budget Speech.
- The objectives of the AIM are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country via interventions at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
- The AIM has focused on both infrastructure creation and institution building.
- The AIM has worked on integrating innovation ecosystem both nationally and globally
Click Here To Read More: Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
Focus: GS III-Defence , Prelims
Why in News?
Recently, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) booster at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
What is Ramjet?
- Ramjet is a form of air-breathing jet engine that uses the vehicle’s forward motion to compress incoming air for combustion without a rotating compressor.
Click Here To Read More: Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet