- Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan
- Flex fuel technology
Focus: GS I- Modern History
Why in News?
Recently, the Prime Minister has bowed to Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan on his birth anniversary.
About Jayaprakash Narayan
- Jayaprakash Narayan, born on October 11 1902 in Sitab Diyara, Bihar.
- He was an Indian political leader and theorist.
- He was a disciple of Mohandas Gandhi and leader of India’s independence movement.
- In 1922, he went to the United States, where he studied political science and economics at the universities of California, Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State.
Click Here To Read More: Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan Birth Anniversary
Focus: GS III: Environment and Ecology
Why in News?
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Launched Toyota’s first of its kind pilot project on Flexi-Fuel Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicles (FFV-SHEV) in India which would run on 100% petrol as well as 20 to 100% blended ethanol and electric power.
Flex fuel technology
- A flex fuel, or flexible fuel, vehicle has an internal combustion engine (ICE), but unlike a regular petrol or diesel vehicle, this can run on more than one type of fuel, or even a mixture of fuels.
- The most common versions use a blend of petrol and ethanol or methanol, but these engines are also equipped to run on 100 percent petrol or ethanol as well.
- This is made possible by equipping the engine with a fuel mix sensor and an engine control module (ECM) programming that senses and automatically adjusts for any ratio of designated fuels.
Click Here Read More : Flex Fuel Technology