- Exercise Ekuverin
- Poshan Tracker App
Focus: GS III: Security Challenges
Why in News?
The joint military exercise “Ekuverin” between the Indian Army & the Maldives National Defence Force has commenced at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand from 11 to 24 June 2023.
About Exercise Ekuverin:
- Exercise Ekuverin is a joint military exercise conducted annually between India and Maldives. The name “Ekuverin” means “Friends” in the Dhivehi language.
- It is the 12th edition of this bilateral exercise, which takes place alternatively in India and Maldives.
- The primary objective of Exercise Ekuverin is to enhance interoperability between the Indian and Maldivian armed forces in Counter Insurgency/Counter Terrorism (CI/CT) operations under the United Nations mandate. The exercise also focuses on conducting joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The exercise aims to promote the sharing of best practices, enhance coordination, and improve cooperation between the two forces at the tactical level.
- In addition to the joint exercise, India provides assistance to the Maldives in defense training and equipment requirements. The defense cooperation between the two countries extends beyond exercises and encompasses economic, cultural, and military cooperation.
- The Exercise Ekuverin further strengthens the close and friendly relations between India and Maldives, fostering mutual understanding and cooperation in various fields.
Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
More than 57,000 migrant workers have registered for the special one nation one Anganwadi programme by using the Poshan Tracker App on mobile phones.
Poshan Tracker App:
- The Poshan Tracker App provides a comprehensive view of activities at Anganwadi Centers, service deliveries by Anganwadi Workers, and beneficiary management for pregnant women, lactating mothers, and children under six years old.
- It digitizes and automates the physical registers used by workers, improving the quality of their work and streamlining processes.
- Anganwadi workers are provided smartphones through Government e-Market (GeM) to enhance their efficiency in service delivery.
- Each state has appointed a nodal person to provide technical support and resolve issues related to downloading and using the Poshan Tracker application.
- Migrant workers who have registered in their original state can visit the nearest Anganwadi center in their current place of residence and avail the schemes and services offered.
- The Poshan Tracker App was launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD).
- Poshan Abhiyaan was launched by the Prime Minister of India on 8th March 2018.
- It aims to improve nutritional outcomes comprehensively and bring the issue of nutrition to the forefront.
- The focus of the Abhiyaan is on the nutritional status of adolescent girls, pregnant women, lactating mothers, and children aged 0-6 years.
- The program uses technology, convergence, and community involvement to target specific issues such as stunting, undernutrition, anemia, and low birth weight in children.
- The Abhiyaan strives to reduce the prevalence of these issues through a holistic approach.