- Shoonya campaign
- Padma Awards
Focus: GS II- Governance
Why in News?
NITI Aayog Celebrates One-Year Anniversary of Shoonya Campaign
About Shoonya campaign :
- Shoonya is a consumer awareness campaign to reduce air pollution by promoting the use of electric vehicles (EVs) for ride-hailing and deliveries.
- The campaign has 130 industry partners, including ride-hailing, delivery and EV companies.
- As part of the campaign, a corporate branding and certification programme is being launched to recognise and promote industry’s efforts towards transitioning to EVs for final-mile deliveries.
- An online tracking platform will share the campaign’s impact through data such as vehicle kilometers electrified, carbon savings, criteria pollutant savings and other benefits from clean delivery vehicles.
Click Here To Read More: One-Year Anniversary of Shoonya Campaign
Focus: GS-II Governance
Why in News?
Online nominations/recommendations for the Padma Awards 2023 to be announced on the occasion of Republic Day, 2023 have opened on 1st May, 2022. The last date for nominations for Padma Awards is 15th September, 2022.
- The nominations/recommendations for Padma Awards will be received online only on the Rashtriya Puruskar Portal
The Padma Awards
- The Padma Awards are announced annually on the eve of Republic Day (26th January).
- There are 3 Padma Awards:
- Padma Vibhushan (for exceptional and distinguished service),
- Padma Bhushan (distinguished service of higher-order) and
- Padma Shri (distinguished service).
Click Here To Read More: Padma Awards 2023