- Exercise Khanjar
- Arogya Maitri Cube
Recently, India-Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise KHANJAR has commenced at the Special Forces Training School in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
GS III: Security Challenges
- Inception: Exercise Khanjar had its inaugural edition in December 2011, marking the initiation of a collaborative venture between India and Kyrgyzstan in the realm of Special Forces training.
- 11th Edition: The current iteration represents the 11th edition of the India-Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise, highlighting the enduring nature of this annual event.
- Indian Army Contingent: Comprising 20 personnel, the Indian Army contingent is represented by elite troops from The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces).
- Kyrgyzstan Contingent: Also consisting of 20 personnel, the Kyrgyzstan contingent is represented by troops from the Scorpion Brigade.
- Focus Areas: The primary aim of Exercise Khanjar is to facilitate the exchange of experiences and best practices specifically in Counter-Terrorism and Special Forces Operations. These operations will be conducted in both Built-up Areas and Mountainous Terrain.
- United Nations Charter: The exercise operates within the framework of Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter, underscoring its commitment to addressing global challenges.
- Skill Development: The exercise places a strong emphasis on developing Special Forces skills, including the mastery of advanced techniques related to insertion and extraction in diverse terrains.
- Bilateral Ties: By providing a platform for joint training and cooperation, Exercise Khanjar serves as an opportunity to strengthen the defence ties between India and Kyrgyzstan.
- Addressing Common Concerns: The exercise enables both nations to address shared concerns related to international terrorism and extremism.
- Indigenous Defence Equipment: Exercise Khanjar also serves as a showcase for cutting-edge indigenous defence equipment, demonstrating the technological prowess of the participating nations.
- Shared Security Objectives: The exercise not only aligns with shared security objectives but also contributes to fostering positive bilateral relations between India and Kyrgyzstan.
Recently, Arogya Maitri Disaster Management Cube has been deployed in Ayodhya to bolster medical readiness and response capabilities during the upcoming ‘Pran Pratishtha’ ceremony.
Facts for Prelims
Arogya Maitri Cube
- Initiative: The Arogya Maitri Cube is a crucial component of “Project BHISHM” – Bharat Health Initiative for Sahyog, Hita, and Maitri, showcasing India’s commitment to innovative healthcare solutions.
- Capacity: Tailored to efficiently treat up to 200 casualties, the Arogya Maitri Cube prioritizes rapid response and comprehensive care during emergencies.
- Technology Integration: The mobile hospital integrates cutting-edge technology, including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data analytics, facilitating real-time monitoring, effective coordination, and efficient management of medical services in the field.
- Transportability: Comprising 72 easily transportable components, the cube’s design allows for convenient carrying by hand, cycle, or even drone, ensuring unmatched flexibility.
- Deployment Speed: In mass casualty incidents (MCIs), the Arogya Maitri Cube stands out with its remarkable deployment speed – an astonishing 12 minutes for it to be fully operational.
- Adaptability: Robust, waterproof, and lightweight, the cube’s adaptable configurations make it suitable for diverse emergency scenarios, from airdrops to ground transportation.
Advanced Medical Equipment:
- Comprehensive Aid: Equipped with advanced medical equipment, RFID-tagged for efficient repacking and redeployment, the cube ensures immediate response capabilities in critical situations.
- Efficient Tracking: The BHISHM software system, integrated into a provided tablet, empowers operators to swiftly locate items, monitor their usage and expiry, ensuring readiness for subsequent deployments.
Versatility in Deployment:
- Transport Modes: The Arogya Maitri Cube is designed for various transportation modes, including airdrops and ground transportation, ensuring rapid deployment anywhere it is needed.
- Revolutionizing Emergency Response: The Arogya Maitri Cube, as part of Project BHISHM, revolutionizes emergency medical response with its technological sophistication, adaptability, and rapid deployment capabilities, contributing significantly to disaster management and healthcare during crises.